On June 29, 2020, the school board voted to rename the school to "Unity Reed High School", honoring Arthur Reed, who served as a security assistant at the school.
THE INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE ATSTONEWALL JACKSON HIGH SCHOOL1994-2002
In 1994, 139 IB exams were administered at Stonewall Jackson High School; in 2002, 711 IB exams were administered, more than 5 times the first year.
- In 1995, 1.2% of the senior class were declared IB Diploma candidates; in 2002, 10% of the senior class were declared IB Diploma candidates, up almost 9 times from the first year. In the fall of 2002, 53 members of the Class of 2003 are declared IB Diploma candidates and 62 members of the Class of 2004 are Anticipated IB Diploma Candidates.
- In 1995, 42 % of the IB exams received a score of 4 (out of 7) or higher; in 2002, 88 % of the IB exams received a score of 4 or higher, a percentage that has more than doubled in eight years.
- For fall, 2002, Stonewall enrolled 185 transfer students other Prince William County high schools for the IB program in grades 9-12 for the academic year 2001-2002. 40% of the freshman and sophomore classes are participating in the Pre-IB program; 42% of the junior and senior classes are participating in the IB program.
- The 177 Stonewall IB Diploma recipients have attended colleges and universities throughout the United States including the University of Virginia, the College of William and Mary, Barnard College of Columbia University, the University of Pennsylvania, Boston University, Georgetown University, the United States Air Force Academy, the United States Military Academy, the United States Naval Academy, the University of North Carolina, Grove City College, Kenyon College, Vassar College, Georgia Institute of Technology, Washington & Lee University, Mary Washington College, Virginia Tech, Marymount University, Pennsylvania State University, University of California, University of Delaware, University of Michigan, Marymount Manhattan College, Virginia Commonwealth University, George Washington University, Georgia Institute of Technology, George Mason University, University of Maryland, University of Nebraska, St. Joseph’s University, Washington University, James Madison University, Virginia Wesleyan College, Old Dominion University, New York University, Yale University, University of Pittsburgh, Christopher Newport University and Appalachian State University.
- Program recognition
- NEWSWEEK MAGAZINE, March 13, 2000 Stonewall is named one of “The 100 Best High Schools.”
- TIME MAGAZINE, May 21, 2001 Stonewall is named “High School of the Year.”
- WASHINGTON POST, December 5, 2001 Stonewall is seventh in the Challenge Index of Washington area public high schools.
© 2001, 2002, 2003